Our laboratory can perform many of the common corrosion tests and help pin-point potential corrosion problems with your product.
Corrosion has been the downfall of many otherwise excellent products. We perform a variety of tests on paint samples, as well as complete products.
Salt Fog (ASTM B117, MIL-STD-810, RTCA DO 160D)
- Large chamber size, 2.36 x 1.18 x 1.57 m high (6 ft x 3 ft x 4 ft high)
Immersion (RTCA DO-160):
- Natural or simulated seawater, industrial chemicals, etc …
- Fluid Susceptibility per RTCA DO-160, etc Natural Exposure
Accelerated Weathering (ASTM G53):
- Fluorescent UV / Condensation cycle (QUV) As per ASTM G53, etc
- Choice of several lamp types including UVA (351 or 340 nm peak), UVB (313 nm peak)
- Up to 51 panels with dimensions of 10 x 20 cm (3 in x 6 in) at once
Prohesion (ASTM G85/A5):
- Cyclic, Dilute Electrolyte Test as per ASTM G85/A5
- Chamber size 1.18 x 0.79 x 0.98 m (3 ft x 2 ft x 2.5 ft)
Corrosion Testing Facts
Corrosion testing is fundamental to understanding how materials perform under simulated service conditions and can help to ensure that they will reach their projected design life.
Corrosion testing can range from a few hours to more than a month.
Corrosion occurs when most or all the atoms on the same metal surface are oxidized, damaging the entire surface, and weakening the product.